Best upholstery cleaner in Richmond, BC
We believes our customers are the most important consideration at all times. Richmond carpet cleaners will clean your upholstery with the highest level of customer service possible. In this article I will outline the individual steps of the cleaning process for upholstery by the
- PRE-INSPECT- we will look at age of upholstery, fiber composition, heavy wear areas, if material will bleed, previous cleanings and deterioration. We will also put all items found under the cushions in an envelope.
- We will look for the manufacturing cleaning codes attached to the deck of the furniture, these codes suggest the proper cleaning method to clean that piece of fabric. we give some credibility to these codes, but sometimes we will determine another method of cleaning would be more suitable for the client.
- We like to get the customer involved by giving them the price and offering fabric protector and giving a demonstration on the value of fabric protectant, we will also go over the type of cleaning used.
- The work area will be prepared. We will move any furniture out of the way so nothing gets an over-spray on it, An absorbent drop cloth will be place on the floor to absorb any over-spray.
- We then groom and dry vacuum the fabric.
- Pre-condition and spot anything like grease-ink, shoe polish and kool aid.
- Agitate the pre-spray with a horse hair brush
- Dry with fan or mittens
- Apply protectant
Need Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning?
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Pilating the carpet to prevent matting
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look really dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.